SOURCE: Religion News Service
by Jana Riess
A new collection of essays should spark consideration of long struggles by Mormon women to claim and exercise influence in the faith. The author fears that it won't.
by Betsy Gaines Quammen
In a country with segments of people who deny science, act on revelation, see regular events as either conspiratorial or supernatural, COVID-19 offers a platform for misinformation and agitation.
SOURCE: The New Yorker
by Casey Cep
In Nauvoo, Illinois, Smith established a theocracy, ran for President, and tested the limits of religious freedom.
- Abraham Lincoln and the Shavuot Controversy of 1865
- This Montana Farm Boy Became a Scientific Legend, Developing Vaccines to Protect Kids Worldwide
- Should the U.S. Favor Public Health or the Economy? History Shows they’re Inseparable
- Future Historians Will Rely on Wikipedia’s COVID-19 Coverage
- Reparations – Has the Time Finally Come?