The coronavirus crisis is putting America's flaws into the spotlight.
SOURCE: Washington Post
by Richard B. Frank
Mobilizing all Americans is a lofty challenge. Some will resist, just as they did 80 years ago.
by Tim Barker
The Trump administration appears ready to invoke the Defense Production Act to speed manufacture of essential goods like face masks. What if we didn’t have to resort to the analog of war?
by Olivia B. Waxman
One aspect of the history is clear: when business has successfully stepped up for national-security purposes, the federal government and the military have played a key role in coordinating the effort.
SOURCE: New York Times
by Margaret O'Mara
The president’s invoking of the Defense Production Act could transform American life after the coronavirus, if we get it right.
- If Trump Is Caligula, There Could Be Some Unexpected Benefits
- Q&A: Historian Andrew Kahrl On The Segregation History Of Lincoln Beach And Plans To Reopen It
- Rutger Bregman on His Intellectual Journey and the Problems of the Speaking Circuit
- National Protests over George Floyd's Death was 'Conflagration Waiting to Happen'
- George Floyd’s Death and the Long History of Racism in Minneapolis