SOURCE: American Prospect
Everybody Hates the SBA
How did one of the most addled government agencies end up as our last line of pandemic defense? The answer lies in the agency's history of capture by large business interests.
Wall Street Wins – Again: Bailouts in the Time of Coronavirus
by Nomi Prins
If ground-up solutions to help ordinary Americans and small businesses aren’t adopted, one thing is predictable: once this crisis has been “managed,” we’ll be set up for a larger one in an even more disparate world.
SOURCE: New York Times
Don’t Feel Sorry for the Airlines
by Tim Wu
Before providing airlines any assistance, we must demand that they change how they treat their customers and employees.
- Will a "No Labels" Campaign Wreck the 2024 Election? We Can't Ask Group's Secret Donors.
- Excerpts from a Civics Textbook I Assume Would be Welcome in Florida
- Confusion Over Book Bans in Florida is a Feature, Not a Bug, of New Policies
- We're Living in the World (un)Made by the Iraq War
- Florida Professor: I was Fired for Teaching about Racism
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History
- Why are Universities so Disrespectful of their Organized Workers?
- Aside from Bush and Cheney, Who's Most Responsible for Iraq?
- Leaked Emails Show Christian Nationalist Anti-Trans "Holy War"