Historian Draws Parallels Between The 1918 Spanish Flu And Today's Coronavirus Pandemic
An interview with historian Kenneth C. Davis about his book on the 1918 outbreak, "More Deadly than War."
"Disposable Workers" Doing Essential Jobs
Labor historian John Logan reflects on how the coronavirus crisis has impacted Americans' attitudes towards workers.
Video Chat Is Helping Us Stay Connected in Lockdown. But the Tech Was Once a ‘Spectacular Flop’
by Francine Uenuma
The first video-call technology was demonstrated in 1927, but the idea was largely a failure in the years that followed. Here's why.
SOURCE: LA Times
As Asian Americans Face Racist Attacks, a PBS Series Celebrates their Unsung History
The five-part docuseries “Asian Americans” features historians and artists like Hari Kondabolu, Viet Thanh Nguyen and Randall Park while highlighting milestones in the history of the country’s fastest-growing demographic.
In The Coronavirus, Historians See Echoes of Past Pandemics
Science has progressed, sure, but leaders have ignored other lessons, argues historian Graham Mooney.
- The Debt Ceiling Law is now a Tool of Partisan Political Power; Abolish It
- Amitai Etzioni, Theorist of Communitarianism, Dies at 94
- Kagan, Sotomayor Join SCOTUS Cons in Sticking it to Unions
- New Evidence: Rehnquist Pretty Much OK with Plessy v. Ferguson
- Ohio Unions Link Academic Freedom and the Freedom to Strike
- First Round of Obama Administration Oral Histories Focus on Political Fault Lines and Policy Tradeoffs
- The Tulsa Race Massacre was an Attack on Black People; Rebuilding Policies were an Attack on Black Wealth
- British Universities are Researching Ties to Slavery. Conservative Alumni Say "Enough"
- Martha Hodes Reconstructs Her Memory of a 1970 Hijacking
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"
- New transcript of Ayn Rand at West Point in 1974 shows she claimed “savage" Indians had no right to live here just because they were born here
- The Mexican War Suggests Ukraine May End Up Conceding Crimea. World War I Suggests the Price May Be Tragic if it Doesn't
- The Vietnam War Crimes You Never Heard Of