by Bruce Chadwick
Despite its drawbacks, Midway is a rip-roaring military saga and a testament to the men who won it.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
November 8, 2019
by Michael E. Ruane
Two sunken Japanese aircraft carriers were found weeks before the movie about the World War II battle opens
Advance intelligence helped the Allies turn the tables on Japan in this crucial World War II naval battle.
- The Titanic Wreck Will Now Be Protected Under a 'Momentous Agreement' With the U.S.
- Arrested for having sex with men, this gay civil rights leader could finally be pardoned in California
- Ancient aboriginal aquaculture system older than Stonehenge uncovered by Australia wildfires
- How the Government Came to Decide the Color of Your Food
- In 1851, a Maryland Farmer Tried to Kidnap Free Blacks in Pennsylvania. He Wasn’t Expecting the Neighborhood to Fight Back
- The Way We Write History Has Changed
- Rethinking How We Train Historians
- Building a digital archive for decaying paper documents, preserving centuries of records about enslaved people
- The Radical Lives of Abolitionists
- National Security Archive Releases USCYBERCOM documents which shed new light on the campaign to counter ISIS in cyberspace