SOURCE: Inside Higher Ed
Louisiana Tech University briefly removed an instructor of history from teaching over class discussions on race and other topics before reinstating him this month.
History & Law: GW History Professor Jennifer Wells Discusses How Her Study of Law Has Informed her Career in History
by Mark Detlor
"I’m more much analytical as a result of law and try to immediately make an assertion and back it up with evidence when I write; I think it’s a very effective way of writing but I’m not sure that I would have mastered it had I not gone to law school."
SOURCE: Society for Intellectual History Blog
by L.D. Burnett
After going over the syllabus, professor L.D. Burnett wants her students to access the core of historical study.
- Odds of a Contested November Election Are on the Rise
- Penguin Classics and Others Work to Diversify Offerings From the Canon
- Coping With Coronavirus Disappointments: Five Lessons From Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- The Case Against Waging ‘War’ on the Coronavirus
- Helen Hunt Brings Trailblazing War Journalist to Life in "World On Fire"
- And The Winners of the 2020 Anisfield-Wolf Book Awards Are ...
- AHA's Committee on LGBT History Announces Hardship Grants
- What Both the Left and the Right Get Wrong About the Coronavirus Economic Crisis
- As COVID-19 Spreads, Mary Barra Needs To Denounce Trump As Bad For Capitalism
- Pandemics and the Shape of Human History