Battle of Bosworth
Originally published 02/12/2013
Historian David Baldwin is feeling very pleased with himself after making a startling prediction 27 years ago regarding the Greyfriars project.In 1986, he wrote an article claiming the remains of Richard III would be found in the northern part of the Grey Friars church and that the discovery would take place in the 21st century.The historian, from Oadby, used scores of medieval accounts of the Battle of Bosworth.He correctly theorised the final resting of place of Richard was buried close to New Street, in the choir of the church – the area between the nave and the sanctuary – and would be found after about 30 years....
- The Council on Foreign Relations Honors Kissinger Critic
- Architectural historian discovers Chartres Cathedral has started faking it
- Rick Perlstein hits back at a critic of his book on Reagan
- So Historians Are Surprised by What DNA Can Tell Us?
- AHA won't be considering petition to boycott Israel, unless it's introduced at the Business Meeting