Originally published 02/12/2013
A new tool has been developed that can reconstruct long-dead languages.Researchers have created software that can rebuild protolanguages - the ancient tongues from which our modern languages evolved.To test the system, the team took 637 languages currently spoken in Asia and the Pacific and recreated the early language from which they descended.The work is published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Science....
- Congress Has a History of Legislating in Secrecy
- At James Madison’s home, slaves’ lives matter as much as the man who owned them
- Destroying Great Mosque of al-Nuri 'is Isis declaring defeat'
- At Watergate, Recalling a Burglary That Toppled a President
- Hidden Trove of Suspected Nazi Artifacts Found in Argentina
- Researcher: "Actually, Yes It Is a Discovery If You Find Something in an Archive That No One Knew Was There."
- The Trump team is obsessing over Thucydides, the ancient historian who wrote a seminal tract on war
- Historians defend scholar who studies Poland and Holocaust
- Max Boot Says "Donald Trump Is Proving Too Stupid to Be President"
- Historians called on to write books that impact the public