Merriam Webster added 'they' as a non-binary pronoun. Here's a brief history of gender neutral pronouns
These identifiers are nothing new and have actually been used throughout the history of literature.
Trump's Troop Ban Is Part of a Long, Dark History of Accusing Trans People of Threatening National Stability
by Julio Capó, Jr.
People gendered differently from what was assigned to them at birth have served in the American military since at least the 18th century.
- Do American Indians Celebrate the 4th of July?
- Trump Vows To Veto Defense Bill If It Removes Confederate Names From Military Bases
- Fourth of July: Beer’s Patriotic Connection to the Founding Fathers
- Calls for ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ to be Replaced With a New US National Anthem
- As Young People Drive Infection Spikes, College Faculty Members Fight For The Right To Teach Remotely
- The Day the White Working Class Turned Republican (Review)
- David Starkey Criticised over Slavery Comments
- ‘A Conflicted Cultural Force’: What It’s Like to Be Black in Publishing
- Did Rutgers Find The Perfect President For 2020? Meet Jonathan Holloway, Black Historian.
- In Search of King David’s Lost Empire