Political scientists examine the establishment of Georgia's runoff election procedures as part of historical efforts to limit the power of Black voters in the state.
SOURCE: New York Times
"Behind the scenes, Mr. Meacham has been playing a larger role than was previously known, both writing drafts of speeches and offering edits on many of Mr. Biden’s big addresses, including one he gave at Gettysburg last month and his acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention in August."
by Donald J. Fraser
And we can look to Abraham Lincoln as an example.
- Head of Planned Parenthood: We’re Done Making Excuses for Our Founder
- By Bearing Witness — And Hitting ‘Record’ — 17-Year-Old Darnella Frazier May Have Changed The World
- Sanders, Jayapal Introduce Bill to Make College Tuition-Free for Many Americans
- The Radical Politics of Nina Simone
- The Fruit of Power
- The Twists and Turns of Black History (Review)
- The Ever-Changing Past: Why All History is Revisionist History – James Banner at the Washington History Seminar (May 3)
- Honoring Excellence, Electing New Members: New Members of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- The Girl in the Kent State Photo
- The Historian Annette Gordon-Reed Gets Personal in ‘On Juneteenth’