"The other big story is that his agenda and his methods are being continued at the state level. These states are really laboratories of autocracy now, like Florida, Texas."
SOURCE: Washington Post
by Max Boot
"What has made dictators and demagogues so dangerous is their ability to pull vast numbers of people into their personal delusions — to turn their paranoid fantasies and megalomaniacal dreams into a harsh reality for millions."
The PBS documentary series provides modern-day resonance -- a guide to tyrants of the past, conveying lessons on how those tactics can be employed in the present.
- The Complicated History of Abortion and Abortion Law in the United States
- Discovery of Earliest Known Record of Mayan Calendar
- Buffalo Shooting Centuries in Making, Say Historians of Slavery and Reconstruction
- Isaac Chotiner Interviews Kathleen Belew on White Power and the Buffalo Mass Shooting
- What if Mental Illness Isn't All In Your Head?