SOURCE: Chicago Tribune
“How to Hide an Empire” builds towards a single, reality-scrambling concept: that the familiar map of the United States you know, sea to shining sea, Atlantic to Pacific, Canada to Mexico, is wrong.
SOURCE: Rolling Stone
"The more you build walls, the more the other side becomes foreign and you fear it."
SOURCE: Washington Post
by Tore Olsson
As long as Americans continue to flood into Mexico, the wall will do little to deter crossings.
- The Transcontinental Railroad, African Americans and the California Dream
- The 50th Anniversary of Warren Burger's Appointment as Chief Supreme Court Justice
- House Democrats, With Pelosi’s Support, Will Consider a Commission on Reparations
- The House Hearing on Slavery Reparations Is Part of a Long History. Here's What to Know on the Idea's Tireless Early Advocates
- Congress Is Taking On Reparations. At the First Hearing, Academic Historians Were Absent.
- Historian and Civil Rights Activist Paul Gaston Dies at 91
- How Accurate is HBO's Chernobyl? Experts Weigh In
- Anthony Price, British author of thrillers with deep links to history, dies at 90
- Students and Parents Push for Better Textbooks to Help Fight Hate and Stereotypes
- CSIS destroyed secret file on Pierre Trudeau, stunning historians