SOURCE: Declassified UK
Declassified documents show that one unknown facet of the British effort to undermine communist Cuba was to encourage the spread of homophobic rumors about Raúl Castro.
SOURCE: Now & Then (Vox Media)
The early American press, the telegraph, and broadcast media have all been vectors of the kind of political disinformation we are plagued by today.
SOURCE: Chicago Sun-Times
Chicago Sun-Times Columnist Neil Steinberg offers some cold comfort: media voices spreading misinformation about COVID vaccinations have clear forebears in the press.
Today's concern with "disinformation" has roots in the postwar advertising industry, but do programs to fight it repeat faulty ideas about information and persuasion that admen created to persuade companies their ads would work?
SOURCE: The MIT Press Reader
Historian Douglas Selvage sheds light on a conspiracy theory that reverberates to this day.
SOURCE: Tom Dispatch
by Arnold R. Isaacs
Facts vs. Falsehoods in the Age of Trump
SOURCE: The Conversation
Lessons from White House disinformation a century ago: ‘It’s dangerous to believe your own propaganda’
by John Maxwell Hamilton andMeghan Menard McCune
One hundred years ago, the U.S. government published documents that fueled the mounting Red Scare, helped justify the American military invasion of Russia and poisoned American-Russian relations for years to come.
- Rep. Cawthorn Lawyer's Defense against 14th Amendment Disqualification? Confederate Amnesty Act
- Post Editors: Statue or No, Teddy Roosevelt's Complex Legacy is Still with Us
- Maus in Tennessee
- Tennessee School Board Bans Holocaust Graphic Memoir "Maus"
- How the Pandemic and Anti-Asian Violence Spurred 2 States to Change History Lessons
- Margaret O'Mara on the First Historical View of the Trump Presidency
- Art Historians Shake Up Narratives on TikTok
- Jeans: The History of the People's Pants Coming to American Experience
- Reviewed: The BBC: A People's History
- Capitol Attack Pushed Christian Nationalism to Center of Shifting Far-Right Movement