Review of James A. Warren's "God, War, and Providence: The Epic Struggle of Roger Williams and the Narragansetts against the Puritans of New England"
by Luther Spoehr
Roger Williams didn't just found Rhode Island. He worked to maintain peace in New England for almost 40 years.
- Tom Engelhardt Writes Personal and Historical Essay: Turning 75 in the Age of Trump
- Historian Drew Gilpin Faust Pens Personal and Historical Essay: "Race, History, and Memories of a Virginia Girlhood"
- WBUR Is Belatedly Giving Credit to a Female Historian for a Segment
- Behind the men on the moon, there were thousands of women
- Professor Rebecca Gordon Pens Essay Revealing Her Abortion and Examines Ongoing History of Roe v. Wade