SOURCE: The New Yorker
How America Escapes Its Conspiracy-Theory Crisis
by David Rhode
Trump's indulgence of conspiracy theorists risks casting the government as the enemy of the people. A new social contract is needed to ensure that this breach doesn't widen.
SOURCE: NY Times
The ‘Deep State’ Exists to Battle People Like Trump
by Margaret O’Mara
A merit-based system for hiring federal employees was created in reaction to the rampant corruption of the Gilded Age.
SOURCE: The Daily Beast
The Deep State Conspiracy Is About to Go Into Overdrive
by Ronald Radosh
The American right has advanced nutty conspiracy theories for decades. But the one we’re about to see play out will make Joe McCarthy look like an amateur.
The Congressman Who Created His Own Deep State. Really.
When he feared communists were infiltrating America, Larry McDonald took extreme measures — building his own intelligence-gathering arm.
Trump uses IG report to spread 'deep state' conspiracy
by Julian Zelizer
Trump has done more than anyone else to bring the fringe conspiracy concept of a "deep state" into the mainstream, with the help of his son Donald Jr.
- Chair of Florida Charter School Board on Firing of Principal: About Policy, Not David Statue
- Graduate Student Strikes Fight Back Against Decades of Austerity, Seek to Revive Opportunity
- When Right Wingers Struggle with Defining "Woke" it Shows they Oppose Pursuing Equality
- Strangelove on the Square: Secret USAF Films Showed Airmen What to Expect if Nuclear War Broke Out
- The Women of the Montgomery Bus Boycott
- New Books Force Consideration of Reconstruction's End from Black Perspective
- Excerpt: How Apartheid South Africa Tried to Create a Libertarian Utopia
- Historian's Book on 1970s NBA Shows Racial Politics around Basketball Have Always Been Ugly
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History