Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Originally published 03/28/2017
Nearly all uses of the Moynihan Report in 2015 fit either of the established patterns: attributing persistent inequality to African Americans’ flawed familial and cultural values or calling for “national action” to redress persistent racial inequality.
Originally published 02/07/2017
John A. Farrell
A lesson for the opposition, from Daniel Patrick Moynihan and Richard Nixon.
Originally published 09/08/2016
The world remembers Francis Fukuyama’s "The End of History" and Samuel Huntington’s "The Clash of Civilizations." But it was Moynihan who got the future right.
Originally published 08/07/2015
He was a lifelong Democrat but tough to pigeonhole as either a conservative or liberal, and he had worked in both Johnson and Nixon administrations.
- U.S. Planned for Military Occupation of Cuba
- New picture emerges of Mata Hari, who faced firing squad 100 years ago
- Massive section of Western Wall and Roman theater uncovered after 1,700 years
- Fight over national monuments intensifies
- Martin Luther: Reluctant reformer who rocked Christianity 500 years ago
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment
- "Do We Have To Fight Nazis Again?” asks historian Paul Ortiz