Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Originally published 03/28/2017
Nearly all uses of the Moynihan Report in 2015 fit either of the established patterns: attributing persistent inequality to African Americans’ flawed familial and cultural values or calling for “national action” to redress persistent racial inequality.
Originally published 02/07/2017
John A. Farrell
A lesson for the opposition, from Daniel Patrick Moynihan and Richard Nixon.
Originally published 09/08/2016
The world remembers Francis Fukuyama’s "The End of History" and Samuel Huntington’s "The Clash of Civilizations." But it was Moynihan who got the future right.
Originally published 08/07/2015
He was a lifelong Democrat but tough to pigeonhole as either a conservative or liberal, and he had worked in both Johnson and Nixon administrations.
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past
- Linda Gordon’s new book captures how white supremacy has long been part of our political mainstream
- Yale Civil Rights history course is a "call to action" and a chance "to be woke”
- Gil Troy back’s Trump decision on Jerusalem