SOURCE: The Telegraph
Le Monde insisted that it had not intended to portray Mr Macron as being akin to Hitler.
by Walter Russell Mead
Western political systems are under strain despite good economic times.
SOURCE: Fareed’s Global Briefing
by Fareed Zacharia
Monsieur Macron is wrong.
SOURCE: The Daily Beast
He says the U.S. had to rescue them.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
France will formally acknowledge the French military’s systemic use of torture in the Algerian War in the 1950s and 1960s, an unprecedented step forward in grappling with its long-suppressed legacy of colonial crimes.
SOURCE: The Conversation
by Elizabeth Benjamin
Instead of celebrating the occasion, the French president appears to be inadvertently recreating it.
SOURCE: Foreign Policy
by Robert Zaretsky
Leftists want to celebrate revolutionary idealism; conservatives, the triumph of traditional authority. And Emmanuel Macron is trying to split the difference.
- Calls for ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ to be Replaced With a New US National Anthem
- As Young People Drive Infection Spikes, College Faculty Members Fight For The Right To Teach Remotely
- A Push to Make Black History Classes a College Graduation Requirement in FL is Mostly Talk but no Action
- As Palmdale Grapples With A Hanging Death, Locals Recall The Area's Racist History
- A Surprising Role Model Emerges for Boris Johnson: F.D.R.
- ‘A Conflicted Cultural Force’: What It’s Like to Be Black in Publishing
- Did Rutgers Find The Perfect President For 2020? Meet Jonathan Holloway, Black Historian.
- In Search of King David’s Lost Empire
- Boston To Remove Statue Depicting Abraham Lincoln With Freed Black Man At His Feet
- Mount Rushmore Historian: Monument 'Is Like A Rorschach, It Says Different Things To Different People'