Originally published 02/05/2013
As Rep. Joe Courtney watched the Oscar-nominated "Lincoln" over the weekend, something didn't seem right to him.He said Tuesday he was shocked that the Oscar-nominated film, about President Abraham Lincoln's political struggle to abolish slavery, includes a scene in which two Connecticut congressmen vote against the 13th amendment to the Constitution, outlawing slavery...Courtney, who majored in history at Tufts University, asked that the movie, which stars Daniel Day-Lewis as Lincoln, be corrected before its release on DVD...
- Climate Change Used to Be a Bipartisan Issue
- A ‘Saturday Night Massacre’ Veteran Offers Trump Some Advice
- The Long, Painful History of Police Brutality in the U.S.
- The crazy Scaramucci vs. Priebus feud is just as ugly as the LBJ vs. RFK hatefest
- Did Russia kill JFK? Long-secret CIA files show a Russian spy's theory.
- NYT memorializes Thomas Fleming, historian of the Revolution
- Historian Plumbs Tax Records for Patterns of Racial Discrimination
- Alt-right commentator gets 'schooled' by historian over diversity in Roman Britain
- 2 Sinologists say Liu Xiaobo’s Death speaks to a dark vision for China
- Historians plead with Trump not to block the release of final stash of JFK assassination documents