Originally published 11/08/2017
The movie will be released in December.
Originally published 02/05/2013
As Rep. Joe Courtney watched the Oscar-nominated "Lincoln" over the weekend, something didn't seem right to him.He said Tuesday he was shocked that the Oscar-nominated film, about President Abraham Lincoln's political struggle to abolish slavery, includes a scene in which two Connecticut congressmen vote against the 13th amendment to the Constitution, outlawing slavery...Courtney, who majored in history at Tufts University, asked that the movie, which stars Daniel Day-Lewis as Lincoln, be corrected before its release on DVD...
- Should Trump Be Impeached? What Founding Father James Madison Gave as Grounds for Impeachment.
- Long Lost Nordic Village Mysteriously Abandoned in the Middle Ages Rediscovered
- Holocaust Memorial Rebuilt Outside Far-Right Politician's House By German Activists
- Ratko Mladic Is Convicted in 1990s Slaughter of Bosnian Muslims
- Most Everything You Learned About Thanksgiving Is Wrong
- Is This Professor ‘Putin’s American Apologist’?
- Vietnam veterans challenge Ken Burns on the accuracy of his epic documentary
- OAH historians say events of the past year show they were right to emphasize freedom as the theme of the 2019 annual convention
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race