Originally published 02/05/2013
Anyone familiar with the small but vibrant community of digital historians knows the name Jeff McLurken. He is the chair of the History and American Studies Department at Mary Washington University in Fredericksburg, VA and an example for all historians interested in embracing the digital age. The Mary Washington University website is running a profile of McClurken that is worth a look. Here is a taste: His creative and tech-savvy charges have a say in everything from the syllabus to assignments and provide insight on the new and innovative courses taught by the associate professor and chair in the Department of History and American Studies. McClurken, an expert in Civil War history and a sought-after presenter on digital learning, says the experience is just as beneficial for him as it is for the students.
- African American museum’s fundraising touches deep history among donors
- Black Death maps reveal how the plague devastated medieval Britain
- Bernie Sanders picks Cornel West to help write Democratic platform
- Trump is empowering anti-Semites, Holocaust deniers, and White nationalists
- The First Time a Plane Was Bombed