Originally published 11/16/2017
Review of Paul Starobin's "Madness Rules the Hour: Charleston, 1860 and the Mania for War" (PublicAffairs, 2017)
Bringing the South to a boil.
- Barbara and Karen Fields discuss their new book, "Racecraft"
- What’s Antifa all about? Mark Bray explains.
- Historian Keisha N. Blain tells the story of black nationalist women in her new book
- War or Peace for North Korea: A call for Action by Historians for Peace and Democracy
- George Will goes after liberal historian David Goldfield