An interview with James W. Loewen.
by Rick Shenkman
What happened at the AHA in 2018.
SOURCE: American Historical Association email to members
For the first time, the AHA annual meeting will include a set of late-breaking sessions, submitted just months before the meeting to allow historians to respond to current events.
- After 3 Year FOIA Lawsuit, Washington Post Publishes Afghanistan Papers, A Secret History of the War
- "Indian Land Forever": The 50th anniversary of the Alcatraz Island takeover
- 'Modern-day Pentagon Papers’: Comparing the Afghanistan Papers to blockbuster Vietnam War study
- Nikki Haley's Confederate Flag Comments Spark Backlash
- Pinterest and The Knot Take a Stand Against Plantation Weddings
- Annette Gordon-Reed Reviews Alan Taylor's Book Thomas Jefferson's Education for The Atlantic
- The genealogy boom has hit a roadblock. The Trump administration plans huge fee hikes for immigration records.
- Hundreds of scholars protest Harvard's decision to deny tenure to Latinx studies professor
- Tweeting from the Past: History Course Uses Social Media to Bring Research to Life
- An Art History Mystery with No Shortage of Sleuths