Originally published 07/20/2017
It was called the Credit Mobilier scandal and it involved a congressman who went on to be president: James Garfield.
Originally published 08/13/2015
Here's why he deserves the bad reputation he earned (and it has nothing to do with his womanizing).
Originally published 07/28/2014
In 1971, Richard Nixon ordered another politically motivated burglary in hopes of saving his reelection.
Originally published 02/05/2013
A former restorer of Pompeii is under house arrest on corruption charges, Italian police have said.Five others, including the ex-special commissioner appointed to deal with the increasing degradation of the historic site, are also under investigation...
- The original Watergate lock that burglars picked open is going to auction
- Trump, Mueller And The Ancient History Of Grants Of Immunity
- Documents show Gorbachev was assured US wouldn't expand NATO into Central and Eastern Europe
- Memorial to honor 4,000 victims of lynching to be built in Montgomery, Alabama
- Study: Inequality is a phenomenon of the past 10,000 years
- Linda Gordon’s new book captures how white supremacy has long been part of our political mainstream
- Yale Civil Rights history course is a "call to action" and a chance "to be woke”
- Gil Troy back’s Trump decision on Jerusalem
- College Board revises AP European history test in response to criticism by conservatives
- AHA says it’s feasible to stop the proposed tax on grad student tuition waivers