Originally published 11/27/2017
Dartmouth’s Douglas Irwin agrees that trade policy is important. But all manner of powers are wrongly laid at its door.
Only twice has the broad direction of trade policy shifted, according to Mr Irwin. Both reconfigurations were triggered by catastrophic events.
- Barbara and Karen Fields discuss their new book, "Racecraft"
- What’s Antifa all about? Mark Bray explains.
- Historian Keisha N. Blain tells the story of black nationalist women in her new book
- War or Peace for North Korea: A call for Action by Historians for Peace and Democracy
- George Will goes after liberal historian David Goldfield