William V Harris
Originally published 12/20/2017
Melvil Dewey is remembered today as an innovator who ushered American librarianship into the modern age, but his pattern of sexual harassment was so egregious that women dared to speak out against it, at a time when women were harshly judged for reporting sexual harassment.
Originally published 12/19/2017
Dr. William V. Harris, a renowned Greco-Roman historian, was accused of harassing grad students.
Originally published 12/11/2017
NYT details the complaints against Greco-Roman historian William V. Harris.
Originally published 11/01/2017
"In the wake of a lawsuit alleging that tenured professor William V. Harris sexually harassed a female graduate student, Columbia University yesterday announced that Harris was withdrawing from teaching and all other student-related activities.”
- Savannah Approves Changes to Confederate Monument From 1875
- Law Professor Eric Posner Proposes Bringing Back Indentured Servitude
- Public Rates Presidents: Kennedy, Reagan, Obama at Top
- Elizabeth Warren’s striking speech responding to Trump’s “Pocahontas” taunts
- When the next generation looks racially different from the last, political tensions rise
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89
- Right after the Civil War, says Stanford's Richard White, Americans were really hopeful, then reality hit
- What departments of history are doing about lower enrollments