Originally published 10/09/2017
Declassified documents show that intelligence officers, and President Eisenhower, knew that the Soviet Union was close to launching a man-made satellite.
Originally published 10/04/2017
“The Russians have won the race. The entire world is following the satellite’s flight around the Earth,” Communist Party mouthpiece Pravda declared.
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Documents: U.S. Embassy Tracked Indonesia Mass Murder 1965
- Tufts Project Maps The Landmarks Of Black Boston
- Asp – or ash? Climate historians link Cleopatra's demise to volcanic eruption
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea
- Bill Moyers interviews James Whitman about his shocking book
- Cornelia Bailey, Champion of African-Rooted Culture in Coastal Georgia, Dies at 72
- Sexism in the history department at West Point alleged
- A Conversation About American Racism with Ibram X. Kendi