In the Shadows of the American Century
Originally published 11/27/2017
Historian Alfred McCoy discusses his new book, the deep state, and Donald Trump’s threats to the US position as a global power
"We are certainly witnessing the end of the US empire, but not empire as a form of global governance."
Originally published 09/04/2017
In a new book he reveals that the agency tried to stop him from reporting on the opium epidemic among US troops in Vietnam.
- 50 Years Later, It Feels Familiar: How America Fractured in 1968
- Hawaii False Alarm Hints at Thin Line Between Mishap and Nuclear War
- Ohio Teacher Put on Leave After Lynching Remark to Black Student
- One year in, Donald Trump has redefined the presidency
- In Trump’s Immigration Remarks, Echoes of a Century-Old Racial Ranking
- AHA asks members to "Help Protect the Census"
- Sports Historian Explains Why She Wrote that the NCAA is the Modern Jim Crow
- Ibram X. Kendi says "The Heartbeat of Racism Is Denial”
- Historians Call Trump’s ‘Sh*thole’ Comment "The Most Openly Racist by a President in Decades"
- Bruce Cole, renaissance scholar who led National Endowment for the Humanities, dies at 79