The Dawn Watch
Originally published 11/27/2017
Professor Maya Jasanoff embraced adventure to explore the mind behind ‘Heart of Darkness’ and other classics
She retraced the 1,000-mile journey Joseph Conrad made down the Congo River more than 100 years ago when researching her new book on Conrad.
Originally published 08/21/2017
Harvard’s Maya Jasanoff vists the Congo and discovers people there probably live harder lives than they did 100 years ago when Joseph Conrad was there
The trip was for a book she’s written, “The Dawn Watch: Joseph Conrad in a Global World.”
- Barbara and Karen Fields discuss their new book, "Racecraft"
- What’s Antifa all about? Mark Bray explains.
- Historian Keisha N. Blain tells the story of black nationalist women in her new book
- War or Peace for North Korea: A call for Action by Historians for Peace and Democracy
- George Will goes after liberal historian David Goldfield