by HNN Staff
Tweets and retweets from historians on both the left and the right.
by Ed Simon
Once again Donald Trump caters to the white racists who helped elect him.
Long a haven for racists – it was the last town in America to desegregate schools following the Supreme Court’s ruling on Brown v. Board of Education – Charlottesville turned liberal and this spring voted to remove a Confederate monument to Robert E. Lee.
SOURCE: The Chronicle of Higher Education
The use of medieval references by the alt-right, along with the traditional insularity of the field, prompts some scholars to argue for more diversity among scholars and scholarship.
by Christopher Caldwell
The German historian who took his own life last year has become a hero of the extreme right. But does he deserve their praise?
- USA Today Publishes New Articles As Part Of Series, "1619: Searching for Answers"
- Washington doesn't have a Latino history museum. These people are hoping to change that
- A history of key United Auto Workers strikes against GM
- Fact-checking Andrew Yang on history of universal basic income
- Hobby Lobby Will Return Biblical Antiquities Allegedly Stolen by Oxford Professor
- Historians Allison Horrocks and Mary Mahoney bring history to life in podcast
- Modern art historian, US museum director and clergyman EA Carmean, Jr has died, age 74
- Historian Andrew David Teaching Impeachment during an Impeachment Inquiry
- Historian Brad Simpson Says He's Never Read a Letter As Unhinged As Trump's To Erdogan
- Academic Twitter's Gender Imbalance