Loving v Virginia
Originally published 06/19/2017
Not Until the Loving Decision Legalizing Interracial Marriage Did the Supreme Court Denounce White Supremacy
What does that tell you?
Originally published 06/14/2017
It was in 1874. The couple? Andrew Kinney, a black man, and Mahala Miller, a white woman.
Originally published 06/13/2017
It’s 50 years since the Supreme Court ruled that blacks and whites have the right to marry each other
Exploring biracial identity and reality in America 50 years after a landmark civil rights milestone.
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea