Originally published 09/26/2017
European elites sneer compulsively at Trump, but polls show that majorities of their citizens would support a similar ban on Muslim immigration into the European Union.
Originally published 07/23/2017
The decision to ban travel by U.S. citizens to a foreign country marks an unusual policy shift for the State Department, harking back to restrictions on travel not widely used since the Cold War era.
Originally published 06/27/2017
The law came out of the subcommittee of Sen. Pat McCarran (D-Nev.) in the 1950s.
Originally published 05/09/2017
In 1971, the Supreme Court decided that courts shouldn’t investigate the motivations of officials who closed public pools rather than integrate them.
Originally published 04/28/2017
They draw a parallel with believe the federal government’s targeting of Mormons in the 19th century.
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea