Originally published 03/22/2017
Review of Richard Haass’s "A World in Disarray: American Foreign Policy and the Crisis of the Old Order"
Haass is less than forthcoming about his own role in the great Middle East debacle. And that's just one of the many problems with this book.
- Male Historians Have Long Dominated Public Debates. Is Charlottesville a Turning Point?
- Kevin Levin says he’s changed his mind about Confederate statues
- Scholar of African history says his Jewish background didn’t stop him from writing about Muslims and Africa
- Jon Meacham points out why Lee should go but Washington should stay
- "I've studied the history of Confederate memorials. Here's what to do about them."