A scholar of the Nazi period explains why fake news may be a more powerful authoritarian tool than secret police.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
Half of Americans think the United States is in “real danger of becoming a nondemocratic, authoritarian country.”
A majority, 55 percent, see democracy as “weak” – and 68 percent believe it is “getting weaker.”
by Holly Case
Last century’s dictators wanted to reinvent their subjects as "new men." This century’s strongmen just don’t care. Why?
- Historian Tom Engelhardt Revisits His First Piece of Critical History – 48 Years Later
- Heather Cox Richardson: Trump isn’t the first president to compare himself to Jesus — the last one who did ‘planned to lead his white supremacist supporters to victory’
- Historians' archival research looks quite different in the digital age
- Senate Historian Daniel S. Holt Featured on Political Theatre Podcast
- The Way We Do the Things We Do: Making History-Making Visible