Kim Phillips Fein
Originally published 06/19/2017
Yes, social programs were cut back, but wasn’t this necessary to save the city’s financial base?
Originally published 03/03/2017
Review of Kim Phillips-Fein's "Fear City: New York’s Fiscal Crisis and the Rise of Austerity Politics”
Robert D. Parmet
Its title captures the mood of New York in 1975, when a leaflet shouted, “WELCOME TO FEAR CITY,” and called itself “A Survival Guide for Visitors to the City of New York.”
- Trump got history wrong in interview with NYT
- A Century-Old Abraham Lincoln Mystery May Finally Have an Answer
- Did an Israeli student steal Auschwitz artifacts for her art exhibit?
- Memorial erected at site of witch trial hangings
- Michael Beschloss says if Trump pardons himself this is worse than Watergate
- One reason H.R. McMaster and Trump don't have a close relationship
- Rick Perlstein joins criticism of Nancy MacLean's "Democracy in Chains"
- Daniel Pipes says it’s time for the Palestinians to recognize they lost
- Wm. Theodore de Bary, Renowned Columbia Sinologist, Dies at 97
- Iran sentences Princeton history grad student to 10 years for spying