Kim Phillips Fein
Originally published 06/19/2017
Yes, social programs were cut back, but wasn’t this necessary to save the city’s financial base?
Originally published 03/03/2017
Review of Kim Phillips-Fein's "Fear City: New York’s Fiscal Crisis and the Rise of Austerity Politics”
Robert D. Parmet
Its title captures the mood of New York in 1975, when a leaflet shouted, “WELCOME TO FEAR CITY,” and called itself “A Survival Guide for Visitors to the City of New York.”
- Turnover In Trump's White House Is 'Record-Setting,' And It Isn't Even Close
- The History Of Government Shutdowns In The U.S.
- Unhealthiest presidents in U.S. history
- ‘Make it right’: Descendants of slaves demand restitution from Georgetown
- See How Trump's Approval Rating Stacks Up Against Other Presidents After One Year
- Barbara and Karen Fields discuss their new book, "Racecraft"
- What’s Antifa all about? Mark Bray explains.
- Historian Keisha N. Blain tells the story of black nationalist women in her new book
- War or Peace for North Korea: A call for Action by Historians for Peace and Democracy
- George Will goes after liberal historian David Goldfield