Originally published 06/08/2017
"The most devastating cuts are aimed at programs for public schools."
Originally published 05/30/2017
David B. Parker
The argument? We can do away with “frills” like music classes.
Originally published 05/23/2017
Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
"The Democratic Party has lost its way on public education."
Originally published 02/28/2017
She praised historically black colleges – which were formed after white colleges blocked blacks from attending – as a positive example of school choice.
- Steve Bannon Vows ‘War’ on His Own Party. It Didn’t Work So Well for F.D.R.
- Tom Hanks: 'If you're concerned about what's going on today, read history'
- 9.7-million-year-old teeth discovery in Germany could re-write human history
- Charleston's International African American Museum's big plans
- What’s inside the secret JFK assassination files?
- Presidential historian Michael Beschloss explains the significance of yesterday’s Bush-Obama attack on Trump
- Russian minister keeps doctorate despite plagiarism claims
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian