SOURCE: The Atlantic
Grading President Trump
by Julian E. Zelizer
While he gets high marks for using his executive power to enact policy changes, by most measures, he is not doing well.
Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
According to a Marist poll released on Thursday, 42 percent believe Trump’s legacy will be as one of the country’s worst leaders.
John Tyler’s Been Demoted in C-SPAN’s Latest Presidential Poll. Why This Is Unjust.
by Walter R. Borneman
He came in as #39. Here’s why he deserves better.
What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
What criteria should we use when ranking presidents?
SOURCE: The Washington Post
Lincoln, Washington and Roosevelts remain history’s best presidents in survey
Dwight Eisenhower moved into the top five for the first time, moving up from No. 8 in 2009 and No. 9 in 2000.
Polls and surveys: What experts are saying.
- Will a "No Labels" Campaign Wreck the 2024 Election? We Can't Ask Group's Secret Donors.
- Excerpts from a Civics Textbook I Assume Would be Welcome in Florida
- Confusion Over Book Bans in Florida is a Feature, Not a Bug, of New Policies
- We're Living in the World (un)Made by the Iraq War
- Florida Professor: I was Fired for Teaching about Racism
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History
- Why are Universities so Disrespectful of their Organized Workers?
- Aside from Bush and Cheney, Who's Most Responsible for Iraq?
- Leaked Emails Show Christian Nationalist Anti-Trans "Holy War"