Originally published 02/27/2017
“Greenhorns like us were the only ones they could get.” – John Nordstrom, founder of the Nordstrom empire.
Originally published 02/23/2017
David B. Parker
We’ve been here before. In the South they stopped blacks from voting without mentioning blacks.
Originally published 02/09/2017
Those Who Deny Succor to the Immigrant in the Name of “The West” Are Themselves Profoundly Anti-Western
America in particular has been multicultural since the beginning.
Originally published 11/08/2013
Jason R. Myers
For one thing, it's not Veterans Day, it's Remembrance Day. For another, it's not an official holiday, even though some 200,000 Irishman fought in World War I.
Originally published 02/12/2017
Getting academics to work together is often, as the old joke goes, like herding cats. So what did it take to get scores of scientific and academic organizations to act together? The answer is President Trump’s January 27 blanket banning, now temporarily stayed by court order, certain groups of Muslims from entering the United States.
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.
- Victor Davis Hanson says Trump Must "Retire as Twitter Champ”
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past