Originally published 02/27/2017
“Greenhorns like us were the only ones they could get.” – John Nordstrom, founder of the Nordstrom empire.
Originally published 02/23/2017
David B. Parker
We’ve been here before. In the South they stopped blacks from voting without mentioning blacks.
Originally published 02/09/2017
Those Who Deny Succor to the Immigrant in the Name of “The West” Are Themselves Profoundly Anti-Western
America in particular has been multicultural since the beginning.
Originally published 11/08/2013
Jason R. Myers
For one thing, it's not Veterans Day, it's Remembrance Day. For another, it's not an official holiday, even though some 200,000 Irishman fought in World War I.
Originally published 02/12/2017
Getting academics to work together is often, as the old joke goes, like herding cats. So what did it take to get scores of scientific and academic organizations to act together? The answer is President Trump’s January 27 blanket banning, now temporarily stayed by court order, certain groups of Muslims from entering the United States.
- The JFK Document Dump Could Be a Fiasco Say These Two Scholars
- The book Mattis reads to be prepared for war with North Korea
- Civil War’s legacy hangs over a plaque honoring Confederate soldiers
- Confederate statues still stand in rural Virginia
- Advocates are starting to push for LGBTQ history to be taught in public schools
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment
- "Do We Have To Fight Nazis Again?” asks historian Paul Ortiz