Originally published 08/07/2017
The poem was engraved onto a plaque placed on the pedestal in 1903 — nearly two decades after the statue was unveiled — and that the monument wasn't always associated with immigration.
Originally published 08/03/2017
The Trump aide ventured into literary criticism from the White House podium Wednesday. Too bad he didn't know what he was talking about.
Originally published 02/02/2017
It’s about a different refugee crisis than the one we face now, but it’s every bit as relevant.
- History Coalition asks historians to "Urge Your Representative to Join the Congressional History Caucus"
- Dartmouth’s Randall Balmer: Under Trump, America's religious right is rewriting its code of ethics
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89