SOURCE: New Yorker
Rosenfeld discusses whether it is healthy for a democratic society to debate issues like evolution and global warming, why people distrust experts, and whether public fact-checking is a good solution to the problem of fake news.
Is free speech endangered on college campuses today?
What truth means now.
SOURCE: The Chronicle of Higher Education
by Daniel T. Rodgers
"Post-truth" carries a catchy, advertising-agency ring. And that may be exactly what is wrong with it and with our times.
- The civil rights activist so close to Martin Luther King Jr. she was thought of as his ‘other wife’
- The Untold Queer History of California
- You Can Now Tour the Tunnels Beneath Rome’s Baths of Caracalla
- Queer Rage: Police Violence and the Stonewall Rebellion of 1969
- Some People Think Stonewall Was Triggered by Judy Garland’s Funeral. Here’s Why Many Experts Disagree
- Historian Marc Stein Explains Philadelphia's LGBTQ protests before Stonewall and Pride
- A Documentary History of Stonewall: An Interview with Marc Stein
- The Photographer Who Captured 20th-Century Queer Life
- Mary Fulbrook Wins Wolfson History Prize 2019 for Revelatory Holocaust Study Reckonings
- Trump and the Changing Power of the Presidency with William Howell