Originally published 03/09/2017
Bensoussan was acquitted on Tuesday ending a polarizing trial that observers regarded as a significant test case for determining the boundaries of academic freedom amid growing inter-ethnic tensions.
Originally published 02/09/2017
French Jewish scholar Georges Bensoussan is being sued by Muslim anti-racism groups for saying in a radio debate: “In French Arab families, babies suckle antisemitism with their mothers’ milk.”
Originally published 12/28/2016
Georges Bensoussan's statements were 'dangerous and in line with far-right rhetoric' targeting Muslims, according to the Collective Against Islamophobia.
- Should Trump Be Impeached? What Founding Father James Madison Gave as Grounds for Impeachment.
- Long Lost Nordic Village Mysteriously Abandoned in the Middle Ages Rediscovered
- Holocaust Memorial Rebuilt Outside Far-Right Politician's House By German Activists
- Ratko Mladic Is Convicted in 1990s Slaughter of Bosnian Muslims
- Most Everything You Learned About Thanksgiving Is Wrong
- Is This Professor ‘Putin’s American Apologist’?
- Vietnam veterans challenge Ken Burns on the accuracy of his epic documentary
- OAH historians say events of the past year show they were right to emphasize freedom as the theme of the 2019 annual convention
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race