Originally published 04/03/2017
William R. Polk
“What is important now, I think, is to develop a clear strategy to employ in the coming four years.”
Originally published 11/06/2013
If the film is “true” to anything in the book, it should be true to Northup’s voice, not his facts; that voice is what makes “12 Years a Slave” so enduring.
Originally published 12/23/2016
"It Can't Happen Here, Can It?" Will Trump and Climate Deniers Purge American Science and Technology?
Is the incoming Trump administration planning a purge of government climate science research and researchers? If historical cases such as Soviet persecution and McCarthyism offer any precedent, such a purge will prove destructive to both careers and the national interests of the United States – and give other countries the opportunity to hire top-quality American researchers.
- History Coalition asks historians to "Urge Your Representative to Join the Congressional History Caucus"
- Dartmouth’s Randall Balmer: Under Trump, America's religious right is rewriting its code of ethics
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89