The Wars of the Roosevelts
Originally published 01/27/2017
Review of William J. Mann’s The Wars of the Roosevelts: The Ruthless Rise of America's Greatest Political Family
Sheldon M. Stern
Probing the inner lives of the Roosevelts of Oyster Bay and Hyde Park.
Originally published 11/18/2016
William J. Mann
The shocking story of how TR and FDR covered up affairs and blackballed members of their family in the service of their political ambitions.
- Support grows for Smithsonian museum of women’s history
- History Lesson: How the Democrats pushed Obamacare through the Senate
- Oldest women’s college in US – Wesleyan College in Macon, Georgia – seeks to atone for Ku Klux Klan’s legacy
- Ancient Egyptian Writing: New Symbols Reveal Development Of Hieroglyphics
- Dr. Suess museum chided for failing to address head-on his racist statements during WW2
- Lonnie Bunch says the nooses found at the Smithsonian recently show why black people cannot get over the past
- Andrew Bacevich bemoans the loss of authority of historians
- It’s Time for Historians of Slavery to Listen to Economists
- Researcher: "Actually, Yes It Is a Discovery If You Find Something in an Archive That No One Knew Was There."
- The Trump team is obsessing over Thucydides, the ancient historian who wrote a seminal tract on war