Stamped From the Beginning
Originally published 10/19/2017
The 2016 National Book Award-winning author of Stamped From the Beginning talks about the unrelenting racism of America's past and present.
Originally published 12/02/2016
He argues in his book, "Stamped From the Beginning: The Definitive History of Racist Ideas," that it is erroneous to attribute racist ideas to "the boiling pot of ignorance and hate." Rather, racist ideas stem from racially discriminatory policies.
- Sources: McMaster Mocked Trump’s Intelligence at a Private Dinner
- The JFK assassination files lead back to Seattle
- Princeton investigates its connection to slavery at a two-day symposium
- Rare Documents Show a Palm Reader's Take on Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt
- A Photo of Billy the Kid Bought for $10 at a Flea Market May Be Worth Millions
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race
- Heather Ann Thompson says what went on at Attica is worse than we thought
- Princeton’s Jan T. Gross warns that Poland’s showing signs of turning decisively in a fascist direction
- Gar Alperovitz is still pushing to make America more democratic
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”