Gamal Abdel Nasser
Originally published 11/02/2016
Yoav J. Tenembaum
Britain and France went along with every effort to resolve the crisis diplomatically.
Originally published 11/01/2016
The 1956 Suez Crisis is widely remembered as a critical event in post-war British history, which helped bring to an end the era of Britain as a global empire and superpower.
- How Does Trump Stack Up Against the Best — and Worst — Presidents?
- Russia Isn’t the Only One Meddling in Elections. We Do It, Too.
- S.C. museum seeking $350,000 to display Statehouse Confederate flags
- Savannah Approves Changes to Confederate Monument From 1875
- Law Professor Eric Posner Proposes Bringing Back Indentured Servitude
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89
- What departments of history are doing about lower enrollments