SOURCE: Ars Technica
Stabbing, Crucifixion, Eaten by Eels: Learn all about Murder the Roman Way
Historian Emma Souther's new book is a mix of the true crime genre and a history of crime and punishment in ancient Rome.
SOURCE: OAH Process blog
Historians note that prisoners have been treated inhumanely throughout American history
Roundtable discussion with Dan Berger, Alan Eladio Gómez, Garrett Felber, Toussaint Losier, Lydia Pelot-Hobbs, Tony Platt, and Heather Ann Thompson.
- House Hearings on Campus Speech Show Different Perceptions of the Problem
- Mark Russell, DC's Piano-Playing Political Satirist, Dies at 90
- Trans Texans, Fearing Violence Inspired by Legislation and Rhetoric, Look to Armed Self-Defense
- How Paris Kicked out the Cars
- Vatican Repudiates "Doctrine of Discovery" that Justified Colonialism by Catholic Nations