Originally published 10/06/2017
They want to privatize campgrounds, a surprising contributor to the national park experience.
Originally published 08/30/2016
From the beginning the NPS has been engaged in a massive marketing campaign to convince Americans the parks belong to them.
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations