Originally published 05/22/2017
Though he never traveled outside the US, Lincoln embraced an international perspective, celebrating the spread of freedom in Europe.
Originally published 01/23/2017
Those same words galvanized a mass populist movement against U.S. entry into the war in Europe, even as the German army rolled through France and Belgium in the spring of 1940.
Originally published 07/25/2016
Trump says he’ll put America First, which of course carries echoes of the old isolationist and anti-Semitic movement—which Trump has apparently never even heard of.
Originally published 11/12/2013
Should Vilnius preserve its severe Soviet-era statues?
Originally published 02/21/2017
A Dutch television program aired a satirical video with a voice-over pretending to be Donald Trump. Soon similar videos were being produced by late-night shows across Europe. The whole world is invited to laugh at, and simultaneously disdain, the American President. America has become the laughingstock of the world.
- Turnover In Trump's White House Is 'Record-Setting,' And It Isn't Even Close
- The History Of Government Shutdowns In The U.S.
- Unhealthiest presidents in U.S. history
- ‘Make it right’: Descendants of slaves demand restitution from Georgetown
- See How Trump's Approval Rating Stacks Up Against Other Presidents After One Year
- Barbara and Karen Fields discuss their new book, "Racecraft"
- What’s Antifa all about? Mark Bray explains.
- Historian Keisha N. Blain tells the story of black nationalist women in her new book
- War or Peace for North Korea: A call for Action by Historians for Peace and Democracy
- George Will goes after liberal historian David Goldfield