Institution: University of Rochester, Department of History
The University of Rochester History Department seeks to hire a historian of modern Germany, at the level of assistant professor, tenure track, to begin on July 1, 2016. Applicants must be ready to defend their dissertation by May 2016, or have Ph.D. in hand. The Rochester History Department offers bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees. Our strengths include history of the early modern world, transnational history, and American cultural and intellectual history. We are bringing together a dynamic group of younger scholars – most recently we have hired historians o ...
Posted Sep 17th 2015
Institution: University of Oregon
The History Department at the University of Oregon seeks to hire a tenure-track environmental historian at the rank of assistant or associate professor, to begin September 16, 2016. Qualified candidates at the rank of associate professor may be considered for an endowed appointment. We seek an innovative, rigorous scholar and teacher whose work addresses the global dimensions of environmental history. Applications are encouraged from all geographic areas of specialization. The successful candidate must be able to teach a variety of graduate and undergraduate history co ...
Posted Sep 6th 2015
- Norma Basch, pioneer in legal history, has died
- National History Day Helps 600,000 Kids Bring the Past to Life
- Finally some good news for history grads
- Historians issue statement in support of European migrants
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders