Institution: Santa Monica College
DUTIES The primary teaching assignment is the Western Civilization survey (History 1, Western Civilization to 1500 and History 2, Western Civilization since 1500). Additional assignments will include one or more of the following courses: History 5 (Latin America I), 6 (Latin America II), 19 (Mexico), 22 (Middle East), 24 (East Asia I), 25 (East Asia II), 26 (South Asia), 29 (Jewish), 32 (Global Environment), 53 (Religion), or 55 (Science). Duties also include maintaining office hours; participating in curriculum development and assessment, professional development, a ...
Posted Oct 29th 2014
Institution: Columbia University
The Department of History at Columbia University invites applications and nominations for a distinguished scholar at any rank, from tenure-track assistant professor through full professor with tenure, to fill the Borg Professorship in the History of the United States and East Asia, named in honor of the historian Dorothy Borg. Defined broadly as international history involving the United States in East Asia, the field includes the history of US-East Asian relations, comparative history, and other transnational approaches to American and East Asian history. The position ...
Posted Oct 1st 2014
- Conference delves into effects of climate change on native people
- History professor says the Vikings never came to Newfoundland
- NYT praises James McPherson for finding a way to remain objective about Jeff Davis
- Historian says the removal of Nazi-era art to Switzerland makes restitution unlikely
- Martin Kramer blasts MESA and Steven Salaita