Far Horizons Archaeological and Cultural Trips was created more than thirty years ago by an archaeologist. We take small groups on educational tours all over the world. Please see our website – www.farhorizons.com – to gain an overview of our trips.
We are searching for PhD scholars (archaeologist, historian, art historian, medievalist, anthropologist) to lead two week tours once a year. We need specialists for Turkey, India, Indonesia, and several potential new destinations. Our study leaders receive a stipend plus all expenses.
Candidates should be outgoing, energetic, personable, patient, responsible, enjoy people and teaching, and with a good sense of humor. We will consider someone who is ABD.
If you are interested and would like more information, please contact Mary Dell Lucas at email@example.com. Please include your c.v.
Approximate Start Date:
Jan 1st 2015
Jul 21st 2014
Far Horizons Archaeological & Cultural Trips
dependent upon skills
as stated above.
- Number of women leaders around the world has grown, but they’re still a small group
- Say goodbye to the weirdest border dispute in the world
- Harvard acquires Thoreau's notes on the death of Margaret Fuller
- It’s a national historic site, but hardly anybody visits the Idaho internment camp where thousands of Japanese Americans were incarcerated in WW II
- Big-time Hollywood director makes a movie about Stonewall
- Richard Rothstein says government policy created ghettos
- The Islamic historian who can explain why some states fail and others succeed
- High school senior credited with debunking book by Professor Richard Jensen
- Historians at loggerheads over the AP standards
- Bettany Hughes interview: The historian on how Socrates would have solved Greece's problems