CATALOGER-RESEARCHER for RARE BOOK company located in mid-town Manhattan New York City.
This is primarily a writing job for which significant research using scholarly and bibliographical sources is required. Reading proficiency in multiple languages essential (German, French, some Latin). General background in early modern European history & culture highly desirable with some familiarity and interest in the history of science and 16-17th c. art history.
Experience using the bibliography of early printed books a plus. Salary in the upper 5 figures to start for full-time plus benefits; eventual commission also a possibility.
We would also consider part-time (25+/- hours/wk) for the right person. Please send resume, cover letter to: email@example.com
Approximate Start Date:
Sep 1st 2014
Jul 21st 2014
Martayan Lan Rare Books
- See through the eyes of Rosa Parks
- History will be trailing Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe during his visit to the United States.
- Former foes honour Gallipoli's fallen on 100th anniversary
- Website exhibit unveiled for the first gay sit-in
- Climate Change Contributed Towards the Collapse of the Maya
- How did common people mourn Lincoln after his passing?
- Stanford historian uncovers the dark roots of humanitarianism
- Historian hailed for offering a history of the culture wars
- Scholars to set the West straight about "Apocalyptic Hopes, Millennial Dreams and Global Jihad"
- Why Eugene Genovese’s 2 sentences about Vietnam went viral in 1965