CATALOGER-RESEARCHER for RARE BOOK company located in mid-town Manhattan New York City.
This is primarily a writing job for which significant research using scholarly and bibliographical sources is required. Reading proficiency in multiple languages essential (German, French, some Latin). General background in early modern European history & culture highly desirable with some familiarity and interest in the history of science and 16-17th c. art history.
Experience using the bibliography of early printed books a plus. Salary in the upper 5 figures to start for full-time plus benefits; eventual commission also a possibility.
We would also consider part-time (25+/- hours/wk) for the right person. Please send resume, cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Approximate Start Date:
Sep 1st 2014
Jul 21st 2014
Martayan Lan Rare Books
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean