CATALOGER-RESEARCHER for RARE BOOK company located in mid-town Manhattan New York City.
This is primarily a writing job for which significant research using scholarly and bibliographical sources is required. Reading proficiency in multiple languages essential (German, French, some Latin). General background in early modern European history & culture highly desirable with some familiarity and interest in the history of science and 16-17th c. art history.
Experience using the bibliography of early printed books a plus. Salary in the upper 5 figures to start for full-time plus benefits; eventual commission also a possibility.
We would also consider part-time (25+/- hours/wk) for the right person. Please send resume, cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Approximate Start Date:
Sep 1st 2014
Jul 21st 2014
Martayan Lan Rare Books
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing
- Russian historian slams Putin
- Historians and archivists say the NY Public Library no longer functions as a world-class research library
- WaPo chastised for ignoring Venona Papers in obit for Allen Weinstein
- In gay marriage decision, Supreme Court turns to historians for insight