CATALOGER-RESEARCHER for RARE BOOK company located in mid-town Manhattan New York City.
This is primarily a writing job for which significant research using scholarly and bibliographical sources is required. Reading proficiency in multiple languages essential (German, French, some Latin). General background in early modern European history & culture highly desirable with some familiarity and interest in the history of science and 16-17th c. art history.
Experience using the bibliography of early printed books a plus. Salary in the upper 5 figures to start for full-time plus benefits; eventual commission also a possibility.
We would also consider part-time (25+/- hours/wk) for the right person. Please send resume, cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Approximate Start Date:
Sep 1st 2014
Jul 21st 2014
Martayan Lan Rare Books
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”