CATALOGER-RESEARCHER for RARE BOOK company located in mid-town Manhattan New York City.
This is primarily a writing job for which significant research using scholarly and bibliographical sources is required. Reading proficiency in multiple languages essential (German, French, some Latin). General background in early modern European history & culture highly desirable with some familiarity and interest in the history of science and 16-17th c. art history.
Experience using the bibliography of early printed books a plus. Salary in the upper 5 figures to start for full-time plus benefits; eventual commission also a possibility.
We would also consider part-time (25+/- hours/wk) for the right person. Please send resume, cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Approximate Start Date:
Sep 1st 2014
Jul 21st 2014
Martayan Lan Rare Books
- More Doubts, Opposition To Sale Of Unique, Hartford Collection Of Political History
- How the Curse of Sykes-Picot Still Haunts the Middle East
- Kennewick Man Will Return Home to Native American Tribes
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Liz Covart amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95
- Glenda Gilmore chides Yale for deciding to keep the name of Calhoun
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service