Resident Professor of American History
THE JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY- NANJING UNIVERSITY CENTER FOR CHINESE AND AMERICAN STUDIES OPEN FACULTY POSITION FOR 2015-16
AMERICAN HISTORY PROFESSOR
The Johns Hopkins University – School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) invites applications for one Resident/Visiting Professor of American History at its graduate school located in Nanjing, China. The Hopkins-Nanjing Center (HNC) is the oldest, most ambitious, and largest-scaled joint academic venture in China.
We seek applicants possessing a Ph.D., strong theoretical and methodological training, significant teaching experience, and scholarly productivity. The position is full-time and requires the teaching of two courses each semester as well as thesis advising. Courses are offered in English and may include:
• American Diplomatic History
• American Political History
• Critical Periods in American History
• Makers of American Foreign Policy: 1770s to the present
• Topics courses such as American Movies, American Culture; Race, Ethnicity and Gender in America; Religion in America; Urbanization in America; The History of Women in the U.S.
Johns Hopkins offers competitive salaries and provides a standard benefits package. Faculty receive travel, shipping, and scholar’s allowances and are housed in a comfortable, furnished two-bedroom apartment located on campus. One, two and three-year contracts are available.
Citizens of the PRC are not eligible for this position and may apply through Nanjing University for open positions for Chinese faculty.
The deadline for applications is October 15, 2014. Applications may be downloaded at http://www.nanjing.jhu.edu or contact Carolyn Townsley at 202-663-5802 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Johns Hopkins is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Approximate Start Date:
Sep 1st 2015
Jul 21st 2014
Johns Hopkins SAIS-Hopkins-Nanjing Center
Range $75,000-$125,000 based on experience
Full professor benefits
PhD. Prior teaching experience
- 10 questions and answers about America’s “Big Government”
- Lithuanian nationalists celebrate Holocaust-era quisling, Pepe the Frog near execution site
- Lincoln, Washington and Roosevelts remain history’s best presidents in survey
- Winston Churchill essay on 'aliens' found: 'British Bulldog' had a philosophical streak
- Doppelgänger ethics: Why Austria arrested a Hitler double
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans
- Published Historian Of Spain Indicted By A Federal Grand Jury For Possession Of Child Pornography
- Stephen F. Cohen continuing his lonely campaign to stop the media from "Kremlin-Baiting President Trump”
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2017 $50,000 George Washington Prize